Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

04 December 2010

You have Endo

So 2 weeks after my surgery I go back to see Dr S and find out how my surgery went and why I am still in pain.
Dr S started to explain that all he was able to do during the laparscopy was have a look, but he discovered that I have severe Endometriosis and was unable to get near my ovary as he was unable to get a clear view of it with all the Endo. He then had me fill out paper work to have a Laparotomy, which is full surgery, to have both the cyst and endo removed.
Another painful 6 week wait and it is now the end Nov 2009 and I am booked in for suregery.
I was so scared this time around as I didnt want my ovary to be removed, and I didnt know what they might find.
After recovery I was in so much pain and I had to spend 5 days in hospital. This was the worst 5 days, the bed was uncomfortable and I was so bored that I didnt even want to read magazines, read a book or even watch TV.
Well after the 5 days I was then stuck at home for another 5 weeks, great being away from work, but once again because I wasnt able to move further then the bed to the lounge chair (thanks god for my Laz-y-boy chair) that I got really bored again. My little sis was good she would come and visit me and keep me from going insane.
So any way my left ovary was removed and so was the endo (but this can continue to grow). Dr S said lets start IVF as soon as and get you pregnant, I thought that was a great plan.
2 months later I (we) were on our first IVF cylce and I was so excited and thought of course I will be one of those lucky ones that will get there BFP (big fat pregnant) on the first try.

No comments: