Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

05 December 2010

IVF # 1

On Dec 22, 2009 we had our paper signing interview and I happened to get AF (aunty Flo - period) that day, which meant I was officially on CD (cycle day) 1 and starting my first IVF cycle. I was so excited. I was looking forward to Xmas but I also wanted to hit fast forward and get me to January when I actually started doing somthing.
I was doing a down regulated cycle, which means that from 7 days after OV (ovulation) you start with Synarel, which is a nasal spray, and do this for about 10 days. This takes you to AF and then the injections start. Then about 7 days later there is more BT (blood tests) and U/S (ultrasounds) to see where you are at. Then the EPU (egg pick up) and then transfer of a little embryo or 2.
So on the 5th Jan I went for a BT (CD 15) and was told I havent OV (well der I knew that as I never OV til about day 17 at the earliest). So back to have another BT 2 days later and the said my LH (Lutenizing Hormone) looked like it was going to spike that night, so start your Synarel twice a day from the 14th Jan. YAY I was finally starting something.
The 23rd Jan back for another BT to see if my E2 (estrogen)had dropped, nope it hadnt, back in 2 days for another BT. YAY E2 dropped and I start my injections of Gonal F 225iu on the 28th Jan.
I had a few BT and U/S over the next 2 weeks and as I only have 1 ovary I was told I have about 5-7 follicles growing nicely.
At EPU there were 3 eggs collected, I was a little disapointed but ok with the result.
The next day I found out all 3 had fertilised and then on the 13th of Feb I had 2 x 2 day embrys transfered. They were Grade 1 (best) and Grade 2. Bring on the 2ww and a BFP was all I could think about.
My clinic does 3 lots of BT during this wait, the first at days past EPU to check the P4 (progesterone level) at 10dp EPU for P4 and hcg and then at 12dp EPU for P4 and final HCG.
At 7dp I was told my P4 levels were too low so I was increased from 1 Crinone (gel progesterone) to 2 per day. Then at 10dp they said there was no hcg but thats ok as only 50% show a hcg level at 10dp.
The moment of truth 12dp ---- BFN both YKISTA and I were devestated and came crashing down to reality that it didnt work.
We had an appt with Dr S and he said that we can try again with a higher dose of Gonal F and this time with 200mg of PP (progesterone Pessaries) and have a 3 month break and try again.
So back to the drawing board we go.

No comments: